Candidate for Texas Representative in District 8, which includes Anderson, Freestone, Hill and Navarro counties.
Texas Democratic Platform
Texas Democrats believe government exists to achieve together what we cannot achieve as individuals; and government must serve all people. A representative democracy is only truly representative if every single citizen is guaranteed the inalienable right to vote in fair and open elections.
Why am I running
To make Texas a better place to live, work and do business.
I am a current cattle Rancher in Freestone County, and along with my life experiences as a [NASA] scientist, teacher, employee and manager in a major corporation, and a small business owner, it has led me to focus on a platform to ensure that rural citizens get a fair allocation of the different items considered by the Texas legislature.
The Issues and Commitments
JOBS AND ECONOMY
- Policy should encourage home ownership & affordable housing
- Strengthen safety net for family farmers
- A strong America begins with good jobs that support families
- Preserve promise of Medicare; don't privatize or voucherize
- Every American should have affordable health insurance
- Expand coverage and cut healthcare costs
- Reduce class size, modernize facilities, hire new teachers
- Make college tuition tax deductible
- Support lifelong learning and Distance Learning
- Every home should have Internet access
- Protect Agricultural and Sensitive Natural Areas
I aim to focus on the issues above, but I cannot achieve our goals alone. Find out how you can help.
You can make a difference. Get involved
**Important Election Dates**
**Register to Vote**
Your donation allows us to connect people and create partnerships seeking the most constructive solutions.